So, yesterday, I spent a good part of my time wrapping old washer rings for pattern weights and sewing a pair of shorts I had jury rigged a pattern for.
I got the jist, but I am not perfect at them yet. The waist band seems to be very lose just at the back and making darts doesn’t seem to fix it!
So, I move on for a moment. I found a link to a tutorial for a very awesome dress. It seems simple enough and the entire theory behind it is trial and error, finding out what works for you! Which is perfect for me! Cause that is how my mind works. Haha.
I may not have such a unique and gorgeous panel of fabric but I suppose that is just as well seeing as how I will probably have to do it over and over again! I am slightly worried about when I have to rip out the seams since I am using a box cutter at the moment because I broke my seam ripper a few days ago. I didn’t even know you could do that!
This light creamy pink brocade that had been added to the collection about four years ago. I only have about three yards of this however so my mistake bank doesn’t exactly have a lot of room.
Wish me luck! I have a feeling that bodice piece and those darts are going to give me the most trouble…